We are getting ready to present at DrupalCon 2018
This year Drupal is 17. For over a decade the process of upgrading from one version to another was one of the biggest challenges. With Drupal 8 the ease of upgrading was one of most pleasant surprises. Looks like Drupal is getting out of teenage years and becoming quite a mature entity.
By the end of this session you will know how to complete a content upgrade for your Drupal 7 or 6 website, and what is not included. We will do a step-by-step demo of how the migration process goes:
- Starting with out of the box vanilla Drupal 8 site
- Connecting to the existing website that you want to upgrade
- What modules you need for Drupal 8
- Blocks, Theme, and Views migrations
- Options available for moving content from other systems: Feeds (finally ready for Drupal 8), Migrate Plus and other plugins.
- We will also discuss when you want to upgrade your site and when you want to migrate your site, and variations/combinations of these two cases.
Session Takeaway: How and when to upgrade your website to Drupal 8
Expected Attendees: This session is designed for site builders, content managers and strategists who are planning overall site development.